Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A little bit of sewing

I promised that I was trying to get a little sewing done.  I had not planned on posting any pictures until I was done with the complete outfit, however I just could not help myself today.  
Empirchen E-book
As usual, this is such a great pattern and so quickly sewn up that I really enjoy making it.  Size 74.  Corduroy is a european fabric.  The lining is a beige/white cotton fabric.
Ottobre Musksis Jersey Top
This is also a size 74, even though it is quite wide for the sizing.  It was simple to put together, but I am not happy with how the back is being pulled at the shoulders.  Either I put it together wrong, or the back is actually shorter then the front, and therefore pulling only on the mannequin.  I will know more tomorrow when Olivia models the shirt.  The jersey I used is so unbelievably soft.  I love it when I find such a grand fabric at such a perfect price.  It feels really really expensive.  I added the velour ribbon around the sleeve edges to give it a little flair.    I do think next time I want a regular shirt to wear underneath dresses, I will use the older pattern which is cut narrower then this model.  Easy peasy as my d.s. would say.  BTW, the neckline is nice and low unlike a lot of the older versions of Ottobre tees.

Posted via email from Kinder-Kouture

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena