Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Monday, May 17, 2010

Yo-Yo

Things that made me smile today.......
- going grocery shopping without two fighting little kids
- deciding that sewing was more important then anything else
- listening into Escalate Live 2010 and hearing Becker and Jasmin Star speak.
- sleeping in

Wow, what a day.  I am afraid it was full of mixed feelings all day.  First of all, I could not decide whether I wanted to get out of bed. Then I did not feel like going grocery shopping.  I wanted to sew, and sleeping in cost me already two hours of my sewing time.  Third, I could not decide how I wanted to finish the sleeve on this top, as you can see above.  LOL.  Totally indecisive.  Then I spent the afternoon and evening getting mad at the kids, calming down, getting mad, and then calming down.  Maybe someone really does have control over me and they were using me to test their new Yo-Yo.  

The day started so good.  I was determined to get some sewing done no matter how much the kids had destroyed the house yesterday.  Seriously, I clean too much.  I needed some me time.  So this is the result.  I even made a little matching kerchief.  The fabric is from the Alexander Henry collection.  I love it.  I may just have to make a little spring skirt for myself out of it.  I could not decide how I wanted the sleeves to look, so I waited until Olivia got home before I made my decision.   I am still unsure.  It was just one of those days.

Finally the day had a bad ending.  The kids are driving me CRAZY!  C-R-A-Z-E-E-E-E-E!  Every two minutes, I hear "Mom" "Mommy"  "Mom".  They come to me for everything and anything.  I can never concentrate on anything.  When I finally do get 10 minutes to myself, I find that a sudden tornado has been launched in my house.  I put away Nicolas' shoes three times.  Found food laying all over the floor in the living room.  Olivia ripped up my pattern.  And the list goes on and on.  I have had enough.  I am tired of not being able to do anything without those two going bizerk!  I know I did not spell that correctly.  Whatever.  I cancelled our regular weekly trip to CFA tomorrow, and I intend to keep both of them in their room all day until they learn a little self control.  I need a good dose of it too.

Nicolas came out of his bedroom at 9pm and I could tell that he was upset.  I explained everything very calmly to him, and what I would like to see.  We are a family, and we need to try and be nicer to each other.  That means that he has to show me a little more respect then what I have seen, or else I will have to get tougher with him.  Being mommy and daddy is tough on all of us.

Posted via email from Kinder-Kouture

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena