Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Putting on the Rit!


Have you ever tried to find pink denim?  Well I have, and believe me it is hard to find.  Finally after running to Joann's every Wednesday to catch a new shipment, and encountering enough rude salespeople that told me unless I have a SKU number I could not order a bolt, I gave up.  I mean why bother looking it up and make a sale, right?  It is advertised in their weekly brochure, and cannot be found.  Oh, how I miss Hancocks.  Anyways, while lying in my bed at night, I thought to myself why don't  you dye your own denim.  I mean how hard can it be.  Well, except for the fact that the color on the box looked nothing like what I wanted, I decided to give it a go.  I was so excited with the result.  Look at that pink!  Perfect.  The first set of fabric had some problems, however the second yard of fabric was perfect.  This is how you get what you want.  Not only did I find the color pink I needed, but I also used 3yds of my stash that had been there for quite a long time.

I don't worry so much about the bleeding, because I wash my pinks, reds and oranges together.  I always find that they are brighter this way.  If the pink bleeds, it will just brighten the other pinks, and do the same for the reds and oranges.  Just a little household tip.

Here is another cute blog I enjoyed reading.  It is called "Bananas for Breakfast".  She makes adorable clothing, has some great ideas, and is just fun to read about.
Another PJ PicDSCF2358

Another blog I found this weekend is called The Scientific Seamstress.  As usual I am probably the last person to know that I own several of her patterns.  Her blog was also a delight to skim through this weekend.  Here is her peasant blouse, which I am thinking of purchasing next.  I also love her boys raglan tee, which has a hoodie, and her ruffler attachment instructions.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena