Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trial Tuesday

Things that made me happy today.....
- talking to my hubby on the phone
- finding a way to manage my life
- discovering that a hat keeps me warm
- finding an hour to trace patterns


So......my hubby's company has offered him a new position this year in Dallas, Texas.  Under normal circumstances, I would be jumping up and down.  This is one of the only cities that we were seriously thinking about retiring in.  We really don't know much about the US, however we have both been there, and professionally and personally it would be a good decision.  We were planning on investing in a nice house, and retiring in it.  That was our plan.

As my mom would say, tough luck has hit us again.  The housing market in Florida is just terrible.  So, we are due to lose about $60k on this house.  Needless to say, that has me very anxious at the moment, and I refuse to take such a big hit.  I just cannot justify losing that much money.  Unlike so many others, we actually paid a large sum of this house off, so foreclosure and other options dont make much sense.  So, our options are few and none of them are good.

1.)  We either extend his year in Kuwait with another year, in the hopes that things get a bit better,
2.) We rent our house, and then rent in Dallas, which could mean losing even more money, or
3.) send him to Dallas alone, and keep the family in Florida.
Whichever way we look at it, the options are terrible.  We were told that we would get a Choice assignment if he does a hardship tour, and were hoping to get an overseas assignment.  This way we would have no housing expenses.  For some reason, nothing is available so Dallas is what we got.

If we do rent a place in Dallas, it will be very small, which means most of our furniture and goods are going to go into storage.  That just makes me feel very strange.  No sewing room.  No guest room.  Oh, how I hate life sometimes.  I know that we should consider ourselves very lucky, because so many people have been hit way harder then us.  However, nothing makes me feel better knowing that we just stepped back 15 years all because of some money hungry selfish you-know-whats.
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena