Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sewing, Snakes and Summertime

Our Gardenia bush is in full bloom, and oh so lovely to smell. I do enjoy the garden during this time of year, even though today I may just change my mind. While talking to my sister and enjoying the sun on my chaise, I suddenly saw something moving in the corner of my left eye. He was long, slimy and ugly. I did what you are not supposed to do when you see a snake, and scream. My husband warned me, but I just assumed that there was no way that a snake would want to come into our yard. We are surrounded by houses, not woods, and our yard is not a safe haven for a snake. Yet, still he came, and as he slithered away from my chair, I ran. When I got up the nerve to go back, he was gone. I looked all afternoon to see where he was, but I found nothing. I am not sure what kind of snake it was, but he gave me the creeps. Anytime something landed on my leg, or a piece of grass touched my foot, I jumped. I hope this will not influence my love of my backyard.

I may have to skip blogging for a few days, because my sewing is being put on the backburner. Whenever I get involved in my sewing, I just cannot stop. All I want to do is sew, and everything else gets pushed into a corner. After not being able to sleep the last two days, I figure it best to not start another project until I get my bills paid, packages mailed, and other important things resolved. I am hoping that I will find the time to sew a pattern I ordered and downloaded online from Sewingpatterns.com.
I found some gorgeous sky blue and bright pink and white striped linen at Joann's. This fabric would be perfect for some nice summer blouses, and I just love to wear a blouse in the summertime. I must admit that I am terrified of this pattern. Never attempted to make a blouse for myself, but a challenge is fun, so I will get it done.



Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena