Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Built by Wendy

Here I go again! Whenever my workload gets too much, I just avoid it, and do something that makes me happy. This is a Simplicity pattern 3835 Built by Wendy. A very popular pattern and you can find pictures and reviews everywhere on the internet. I don't know why I pulled it out, but after my attempt to make the Ottobre version, and not liking the sleeves, I decided it was time to give it a try. The first obstacle I faced was finding enough fabric. I have a ton of children's prints, but really not much for me. Finally, I chose this lovely fabric from the Sandi Henderson Ginger Blossom collection. Beautiful color, and nice quality fabric.

The pattern was simple and easy to sew up. I think it would be great in a knit fabric as well. I read that it is a bit snug, so I used a larger size. I cut out a size 12 (way too big!), but believe it or not it is quite snug across the breast area. I wear a RTW size 4-6, so I normally cut a size 10 in Burda, and Butterick, Simplicity and McCalls. The hips fit perfectly so I am thinking that maybe this was the intention of the designer. I do find it somewhat flattering. I also had to delete the elastic sleeves, because my arms fit just perfectly in these. I like the sleeves just as they are, and I really love the length of the shirt. It covers my somewhat wide hips. Other then that, great pattern, and I will definitely keep my eyes open for some lovely fabrics I can use for myself.

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena