Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A good home must be made, not bought.



Add ImageI am working on it. Believe me. Keeping a home happy and pretty is just alot of work, and takes alot of time. However we are making progress, and believe it or not, we are finding alot of lost items in the process, losing some, and buying some. The great thing about doing this bedroom renovation is that Target and Walmart are full of accessories for college students. Some of those items fit perfectly in his room, so I have grabbed a few things to match. The sheet sets cost me $13 a piece at Walmart, so I bought four sets, in order to make Duvet covers. The sets come with twin size pillowcases, fitted sheets and a regular twin sheet, which I turn into Duvet covers. I am hoping to avoid the hassles of making the bed if I use Duvet covers.
Things are finally getting back to normal in this house, and hopefully by next week we will be ready for our Back to School routine. We are still moving things, organizing my office, and doing the normal day-to-day necessities that must get done, but progress can be seen. I swear I will get some sewing in soon, otherwise I will go crazy. In the meantime, I put an old favorite on Olivia. This was a pattern from last years Ottobre magazine. Still love it, and hope to make another one for next summer.


In the meantime, I came across some pictures of decorating ideas that caught my eye.

What a lovely office idea. The gathered skirt really softens the look of all that junk that often surrounds a desk.
http://205.196.138.20/DesignGallery/cb/cbc3b524-9323-46e7-9bdf-fc146f88e111_493x693.jpg
I love the symmetry in this picture.
http://205.196.138.20/DesignGallery/ec/ec12d346-3990-4c50-9322-d2be0a08d40c_493x693.jpg
Easy solution, where it fits. Dress up shelves with molding.
http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/2007/07/ss_CTH636099.jpg
A simple paint technique to spruce up any cabinet.
http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/2007/07/ss_100077007.jpgAdd Image
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena