Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Buses, Soccer Mom, and Sanity


All morning long, I wasted my time looking for a church or daycare that could offer me some kind of assistance with Olivia. I don't want to put her in daycare five days a week, nor do I want to pay them for not having to take care of my child. I would like to find a program that offers me assistance two days a week for three or four hours. Nothing to be found. At least not where I live. Tired and upset, I went grocery shopping, and the two of us stayed entertained for awhile. On the way home, she fell asleep in the car, and took a nice long 3 hour nap. Perfect.
I realized then that it was not so bad to have her with me. As long as I could keep her entertained for about two hours during the morning hours, the other hour she spent watching Barney, then I actually was quite happy with what I could accomplish. I met Nicolas at the bus stop, and together we spent about 30 minutes discussing his day. Very nice, and very calm. Just the way I like it.
However, I realized that there were times, when I needed to go to the hairdresser, or doctor, and although my friends have always been willing to step in for me, I hate to inconvenience anyone. I also realized that taking a break from the kids is healthy and necessary. To breathe a sigh of relief when you can clean the house, read a book, or sew. It really is good to have a break every once and awhile, and I know I need one.
Things are going to get alot tougher once Nicolas starts playing soccer two nights a week, and the holidays approach. I need to keep my sanity....if not for the kids sake......then for mine.
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena