Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Saving a moment in time

IMG_8483

I took this picture last night, as I sat in my kitchen eating dinner by myself.  I wondered if my neighbors thought I was crazy leaving this tree outside and actually lighting it up.  Oh well, the kids are happy that we did not toss it, and it definitely has brought us joy throughout the month of December, so why not allow it to shine on.

After dinner and putting the kids to bed, I quickly moved into my sewing room to finish up the T-Shirt I started for Olivia.  I don't like it when a project lasts too long.  I get bored with it.  Since I constantly envision new ideas for the kids, I tend to ignore finishing touches when I am bored.    Anyways, I turned on the TV, hoping to find something entertaining, but as usual on a Saturday night, there was nothing.  I then turned to Itunes to quickly download something funny and fun.  I decided on Funny Face, because I know I will watch the movie over and over again.  I love old movies, and Audrey Hepburn is so beautiful with her Givenchy wardrobe.  Who in the world does not like to watch her.

I attached the collar binding, and sewed up the side seams, and found myself staring at the T-Shirt lost.  It was not what I envisioned.   It looked like a pajama.  It looked short.  I was stuck.  I thought about adding things, changing the fabric for the pants, but no matter what I did, I was not convinced that this item was worth finishing.  See what I mean?  I always do this to myself.  Yesterday was not my best day, and I felt a bit braindead, so I just sat at my desk and watched the movie until midnight.

This morning, I ended up putting the T-Shirt on Olivia unhemmed over her pajama.
IMG_8503
I am glad I did, because I liked it on her.  Still not sure what to do next.  The arms are too short, and although the length is good, I am not sure whether to add binding to the bottom or a ruffle.  I wanted to make a pair of wide pants to go with it.  I had planned on using a flower knit for the pants, but now I have my doubts.  It is too busy.  I assume I will just finish a pair of red corduroy pants for her, or make matching turquoise velour pants.  So I am stuck on this one, and it won't get finished this weekend.  I will make a few pair of pants before I attempt to finish this piece......because I just cannot envision what she will wear with it.  That is what I get for trying to make her some playclothes that are cute.  Why is this such a difficult task?
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena