Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ottobre and Japanese Pants











Things that made me smile today....
- sleeping a lot longer then I should
- it is raining outside, thank goodness
- finishing up the above outfit
- a fantastic fitting pant pattern for toddlers
- a great dinner
- cupcakes for desert.
It's raining outside, and I am loving it.  It has been almost six weeks since we have last seen the rain.  It's been promised, but nothing ever came.  The yard, the flowers, and my car needed a cleansing.  The pollen needed to disappear.  For the first time, Nicolas woke up not coughing.  What a relief.  I also love the fact that we are forced to stay home.  I have been so tired, and all day I finally had an excuse to say "No, honey we can't go bike riding" or "No honey, no beach today".  LOL.  I was able to lounge in a pair of pants, no make-up, and just do little things without having to get into the car and drive.  What a relief.  I needed it.


So, this is the finished outfit.  I love it.  I introduced the shirt here (http://kinderkouture.blogspot.com/2010/04/feeling-blue.html) and decided to try a japanese pattern for the pants.  I finally can use their smallest size, and oh it was a perfect fit.  I love this pattern.  I had enough room for a large waistband, no gaping, and the length was perfect.  This is a size 80.
I used a stretch denim that I bought somewhere for myself.  I decided to applique a large flower (actually three of them) on top of the pants with a button in the middle.  As you can see it is a perfect fit.  The picture on the top left is cover of the japanese sewing book I used.  I will have to check what other patterns we could make from this lovely book.  


Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena