Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Monday, April 27, 2009

A little something for me


Ever since I saw the little dress on the Ottobre Design Blog, I wanted to make a linen blouse using this pattern.   I had a piece of green linen fabric from years ago, so I decided to give it a try.  I cut a size 38 even though measurements required me to cut a larger size.  My shoulders are small, so I was afraid that if I cut it too big, it would not fit at all.  Next time I will try a size 40 because it is hard to get the blouse on and off.  I cut it a bit shorter then I wanted to, but I still thought it was worth saving.  I added side vents for my somewhat larger hips, and then I decided to omit the sleeve, because I liked it just as it was. Of course, after I took the pictures, I realized that I had forgotten to add the little bow tie on the front of the top.  I may still add that.

All in all I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, and it only took me like an hour to finish the entire project.  My one complaint is with the fit of the shoulders.  I am not sure whether that has something to do with the shape of my shoulders, or the fact that I did not add the sleeves.  You can see it more clearly in this picture.
If I make this pattern again, I will place a dart on the pattern to remove some of the excess fabric.

I have a hot pink linen fabric that is just waiting to be sewn.  I cannot wait to make a nice summer blouse with it, but I am also terrified of making a blouse.  I really wanted to find a pattern that is nothing more then an Empire top, with a square neck and bust darts with a length that goes to the hip.  I am still looking for the pattern.  I may just have to take a dress pattern and shorten it.
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena