Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend








I finished this outfit on Sunday. The pants were done on Saturday, but I had a few other things to attend to, and could not finish the blouse until Sunday. The top is Simplicity 5118 in a size 2, and the pants are from the 3/2007 Ottobre magazine. The top was made out of a euro fabric I ordered last year, and the pants were made out of a green linen blend fabric that stretches. Both are wonderful fabrics, and so soft. It was nice to take some time and work on my sewing machine.

I would love to say that this has been a great weekend, but I am exhausted. Let's just say that I am fighting way too many battles with the kids these days. I cannot seem to turn my back on those two at the moment. I finally lost my cool on Sunday after baking cupcakes, and listening to the both of them quarrel, and finally beat each other up. Their rooms were a mess, and they managed to destroy everything else I worked so hard on Saturday to clean, all while I was on the phone with my mother. The final straw was when I found hair all over my sons bedroom floor. Yes, he is almost six, and yes he does need scissors for homework projects. However, I did not expect him to cut off Olivias bangs. No not an inch, not two, but all the way to top of her skull. It was not funny, and I was not laughing. I will stop there. I have waited months for her bangs to grow out, so I can put them back in a ponytail. I am angry and hurt, and by the end of the evening both of them knew it. So between them and the constant housework that seems to add up, I need a break. Olivia is starting in Prek this week, and I am really looking forward to having a few hours to myself for a day. To be honest, I am so excited I could jump up and down for joy. I do love the one-on-one time with each of them, but I also miss the peace and quiet my husband gave me every once and awhile.
Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena