Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Saturday, September 5, 2009

A rainbow

http://www.cpsu.org.au/multiattachments/14108/Image/rainbow-too.jpeg
I woke up to the sound of thunder, however when I walked outside the sky was blue and the sun was shining. How nice. It usually does not last long, so I took a few moments and took some deep breaths. When I opened my eyes, right in front of me appeared a rainbow. I had not seen one in years, and I immediately called the kids outside to admire the beautiful spectacle from mother nature. What a wonderful way to start off my day.

After that I got engaged in a Facebook topic about President Obama and his speech on Tuesday. I just want to say that I am absolutely disgusted with the quotes, and the words that I read on Facebook. This is what I wrote
.

Regardless of your affiliation, he is the President of the United States. Teaching our children not to care about this position, regardless of his views, is teaching them to be disrespectful towards our country, our government and our society. Open... communication is the fundamental origin of democracy. Allow our children to engage in open debate. It can only help our future.

He deserves our respect, and not only should the world see that we believe in this man and this office, but our children always should see it. I honestly think it would have been an honor to sit in class and listen to the president. The debates and conversations that would have come from this event, would definitely have been memorable. Democracy is built on open communication, and the fact that we can share our views and disagree, and yet still walk away unscathed is what we fight for. Our forefathers spent years writing the Declaration of Indepence, and I am sure that there were disagreements. We need to disagree, to learn more, to communicate rationally and maturely, in order to bring about change. Nobody achieves anything by pulling out their children from school, or making such nasty remarks. Children need to make their own opinions, and learn about what they hear. Discuss things. Who are we as parents to not give them that opportunity? One day they will read about this president, and the one before him, and the one before him. They will be mentioned in History books, political science classes and economics whether we like it or not.

So I leave you with a few very good quotes:
Examine what is said, not who speaks

When all other means of communication fail, try words

Communication is the real work of leadership.



We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

"To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena