Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ottobre #6 - 1/2004

((Ottobre, Sewing, #6, Size 74, 1/2004, Chez Ami Fabric, Polka Dot, Olivia, Shirt, Photography))

I finally finished what has been in my head and on my desk for the last two weeks.  This is just a trial version, but I was quite happy with the way this top turned out.

A few months ago, I bought Olivia a shirt that resembles this piece, and besides all the lovely comments I got on the shirt, I too fell in love with it.  So, I decided to take an old Ottobre pattern and make some revisions, and this is the result.  I am quite content.  I think it may be a bit too big, and I am not sure whether the fabric is too blame or the pattern.  We will see when Olivia comes home this afternoon.

Pattern Alterations:

I used a size 74, and the first thing I did was cut away about an inch off of the neckline.  Ottobre always has their necklines too high, most likely because she is still wearing those baby sizes.  Then I decided to used a binding for the neck edge.  I also added a placket for snaps in the back, and closed it in the middle, so the skirt could flow around the entire body.  I cut the sleeves and placed a circular ruffle on the end of the sleeve.  I drafted a pattern after doing a google search on circular ruffle.   I believe the best information I got was from the Burda site.  Great tutorials there.  The rest of the shirt was done according to the pattern instructions.

I used a Chez Ami Jersey, but it was a two-way stretch, therefore I was not very impressed with the quality.  This is the first for me.  Their knits are always so soft and very easy to sew.  This one was not, but I intend to keep it since I love polka dots, and it will be great for bindings and maybe even a pair of leggings.

Wow, I am so excited that this shirt fits.  Excited because it is the perfect top.  It can be layered, with a long-sleeve T-shirt or turtleneck underneath, and it can be made out of any fabric - velour, knit, cotton, corduroy, etc......This is better then great. Yippee.  I am jumping up and down right now.  If only I could make her a decent pair of pants.  That will be next objective.  I wish I could draft patterns too.  No......no more hobbies.

Posted via email from kinderkouture

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena