Where creativity knows no boundaries......

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ottobre #6 - 1/2004

((Ottobre, Sewing, #6, Size 74, 1/2004, Chez Ami Fabric, Polka Dot, Olivia, Shirt, Photography))

I finally finished what has been in my head and on my desk for the last two weeks.  This is just a trial version, but I was quite happy with the way this top turned out.

A few months ago, I bought Olivia a shirt that resembles this piece, and besides all the lovely comments I got on the shirt, I too fell in love with it.  So, I decided to take an old Ottobre pattern and make some revisions, and this is the result.  I am quite content.  I think it may be a bit too big, and I am not sure whether the fabric is too blame or the pattern.  We will see when Olivia comes home this afternoon.

Pattern Alterations:

I used a size 74, and the first thing I did was cut away about an inch off of the neckline.  Ottobre always has their necklines too high, most likely because she is still wearing those baby sizes.  Then I decided to used a binding for the neck edge.  I also added a placket for snaps in the back, and closed it in the middle, so the skirt could flow around the entire body.  I cut the sleeves and placed a circular ruffle on the end of the sleeve.  I drafted a pattern after doing a google search on circular ruffle.   I believe the best information I got was from the Burda site.  Great tutorials there.  The rest of the shirt was done according to the pattern instructions.

I used a Chez Ami Jersey, but it was a two-way stretch, therefore I was not very impressed with the quality.  This is the first for me.  Their knits are always so soft and very easy to sew.  This one was not, but I intend to keep it since I love polka dots, and it will be great for bindings and maybe even a pair of leggings.

Wow, I am so excited that this shirt fits.  Excited because it is the perfect top.  It can be layered, with a long-sleeve T-shirt or turtleneck underneath, and it can be made out of any fabric - velour, knit, cotton, corduroy, etc......This is better then great. Yippee.  I am jumping up and down right now.  If only I could make her a decent pair of pants.  That will be next objective.  I wish I could draft patterns too.  No......no more hobbies.

Posted via email from kinderkouture

Thank you! Download high quality plugins Easy to use theme’s admin panel Featured posts
Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

© 2011 kinderkouture, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena